TANZANIA & ZANZIBAR TOURING
From the snow-capped peaks of Mount Kilimanjaro, to the vast open plains of the Serengeti, to the ivory sands of Zanzibar, embarking on a Tanzania holiday in 2016 represents the ideal opportunity to experience Africa at its very best.
Tanzania is resplendent with tempting attractions, the mountains, deserts, wildlife, lakes and beaches capturing the very essence of the extraordinary African continent in one incredible country.
Bring your dreams to life with a comprehensive Travelbag Tanzania tour and be dazzled by the options available to you, whether you have ever fantasised about scaling Kilimanjaro, crossing the Serengeti plains or coming face-to-face with the game of Tarangire National Park....
For those with a penchant for adventure, the challenge of Mount Kilimanjaro – one of the world’s tallest mountains - is an undeniably tantalising prospect. Even so, those with less climbing experience can still enjoy Travelbag’s escorted tours to the snow-capped peaks by tackling the more accessible ‘Marangu Route’.
If you would rather stay at ground-level, a Tanzania tour will take you to the striking landscapes of the Serengeti, where you may be lucky to witness one of nature’s most extraordinary spectacles – the Great Migration. Watch in awe as millions of wildebeest thunder past on their way north, a brutal annual occurrence that defies wonder.
For the chance to pursue the notorious ‘Big 5’, a safari into Tanzania’s Ngorongoro Crater allows you to spot lions, leopards, elephants, buffalo and rhinos in one place. Better still, the stunning caldera, formed by a collapsed volcano millions of years ago, represents one of Africa’s most dramatic landscape vistas with its steep sides, lakes and greenery.
For something more relaxing, however, the island of Zanzibar, off Tanzania’s coast, is a veritable paradise with its ivory-hued beaches and ample diving opportunities in the sparkling waters of the Indian Ocean. Spend a couple of days exploring ‘Spice Island’ and savouring this tropical setting.
Perfect for those who have never visited Africa, or for those who are craving more from this awe-inspiring continent, a Tanzania tour with Travelbag holds endless appeal.
Tanzania & Zanzibar Highlights
From the vast open plains of the Serengeti, to the sun-kissed sands of Zanzibar, to the towering spectacle of the mighty Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania is home to some of the Africa’s most iconic and best known locations, making it a discerning choice for an unforgettable tour.
Gaze across spectacular landscapes, go in pursuit of magnificent wildlife on a safari tour, or trek up one of the world’s tallest mountains, a Travelbag Tanzania tour makes Africa more accessible than ever before.
With Travelbag, you can enjoy Tanzania & Zanzibar on a flexible independent tour, an escorted tour helmed by our passionate guides or a more romantic small group tour safe in the knowledge that we have arranged your accommodation and transport packages for you.
Key Highlights of Tanzania & Zanzibar
- Climbing the mighty Kilimanjaro
- Descending into the spectacular Ngorongoro Crater
- Witnessing the Serengeti’s Great Migration
- Sinking into the sumptuous sands of Zanzibar
- Gazing across Africa’s ‘loveliest’ lake
- Getting closer to nature than ever before
For more information about Travelbag’s excellent range of Tanzania & Zanzibar tours, call 0871 703 4698 Costs 13p/min + network extras to chat with one of our knowledgeable travel experts about creating the perfect Tanzania & Zanzibar holiday for you.
TOP TEN THINGS TO DO IN TANZANIA & ZANZIBAR
- Climb the mighty Kilimanjaro - The largest free-standing mountain in the world, a Mount Kilimanjaro tour will allow you to tackle this magnificent natural wonder by traversing the ‘Marangu Route’
- Descend into Ngorongoro Crater - Embark on a magnificent safari tour into Tanzania’s spectacularly beautiful Ngorongoro Crater, a lush caldera home to rhinos, zebra and buffalo.
- Watch the ‘Great Migration -’Visit Tanzania’ at the right time of year to witness the extraordinary spectacle of millions of mighty wildebeest beginning their thundering migration into Kenya.
- Sink into the sands of Zanzibar - Savour the sumptuous sands of Zanzibar, where pearlescent beaches and crystalline Indian Ocean waters create a breathtaking tropical island setting.
- View the ‘loveliest’ lake in Africa - ‘The loveliest lake in Africa’, according to Ernest Hemingway, Lake Manyara is ideal for a game drive on the lookout for hippos and elephants
- Watch the elephants of Tarangire - Venture into the depths of the game-rich Tarangire National Park for the opportunity to witness herds of elephants, graceful gazelles and distinctive zebra.
- Follow in the footsteps of nature - Get closer than ever to nature by embarking on a walking safari tour, an unforgettable opportunity to step in the footprints of wildlife.
- Cross Tanzania’s ‘Great’ escarpment - Traverse the picturesque Great Rift Valley, a vast escarpment that carves its way from Tanzania, through Kenya and onto Ethiopia.
- Explore Africa’s underwater world - Descend into the clear waters of the Indian Ocean off Zanzibar for some of Africa’s most incredible scuba diving and snorkelling opportunities
- Interact with amazing Africa - Journey through the Masai Steppe, passing characterful traditional African villages, plus coffee, banana and maize plantations, along the way.
TANZANIA & ZANZIBAR - IMAGES
Vist the blog
Check out our Blog to see some of the amazing experiences Tanzania & Zanzibar has to offer
India- The Spice Lands
India, the seventh biggest country in the world has something for everyone. The spice lands of Kerala are a great introduction to the region. After you land in Cochin, the most cosmopolitan city in the region, you will visit the Matancherry Dutch Palace, conf...
Iconic rail travel in Canada
Over one million guests have rediscovered the pleasures of train travel at its best since Rocky Mountaineer began its now world-famous excursion trains through the Canadian Rockies in 1990. The blue, white and gold trains with bi-level cars, viewing domes...
Old and New in Winnipeg
Aboutmygeneration.com Peter Morrell goes on a spectacular rail journey and finds Winnipeg is full of very interesting revelations.Many people have told me about the ‘Hermetic Code’ of the Manitoba Legislative Building in Winnipeg, Canada. The build...
An Agent's View of Dubai
One of the most popular destinations amongst Travelbag customers and travel consultants alike, Dubai is also one of the most exciting and luxurious cities in the world. With frequent routes from all of the UK’s major airports, you also have the ch...
Please Call For Exclusive PricesAs the flight date you have chosen is within the next 4 days, it has limited availability and may only be booked by calling our specialist reservation centre. Please call 0871 402 1636.
Please be aware that availability will constantly change and therefore we recommend that you call us to book this special fare as soon as possible.
Alternatively you may wish to alter your search dates.