From the breathtaking beauty of its silvery sands, to the manic bustle of its characterful cities, Vietnam can proudly boast a litany of attractions to find appeal with every person, whether you are an intrepid traveller or simply seeking a tropical treasure trove.
It is testament to Vietnam’s quality and beauty that since reopening its doors to the world in the nineties, it has established itself as a premier holiday and tour destination. It is a fledgling reputation that has seen Vietnam consistently ranked as one of the world’s best holiday choices amongst Travelbag customers....
A comprehensive tour to Vietnam is an opportunity to experience everything this dynamic country has to offer, the endearing thrum of cities like Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City complemented by long stretches of idyllic coastline and a vast interior that rolls out a stunning emerald carpet of rice paddies and mountains.
As Vietnam’s capital city, Hanoi is the country’s beating heart, one that pulses at a relentless pace to lure you into its captivating concoction of endearing grandeur and exotic quirks.
The centrepiece for Vietnam’s ascension from war-torn nation to one of the world’s most intriguing and enigmatic holiday destinations, Hanoi is developing at a notable rate, but it isn’t doing so at the expense of its absorbing character.
On a Travelbag tour, you will be treated with visits to the mausoleum containing the preserved body of Ho Chi Minh and its French colonial-inspired Old Quarter, while the famous Thang Long Water Puppet Theatre performance is an imperative addition to any Hanoi holiday.
To the north of Hanoi is Halong Bay, widely regarded as the prettiest corner of Vietnam. An archipelago of almost 2,000 islets rising from the jade-tinged waters of the South China Sea, these jagged limestone karsts endow Halong Bay with a spectacular scenery. A Travelbag tour gives you the opportunity to slowly cruise amidst these natural marvels in what is a truly magical experience.
With more than 2400km of coastline, finding a pristine stretch of sand in Vietnam isn’t a tricky task, the glittering South China Sea and gloriously soft sands as splendid in the north as they are in the south. Even so, for all of its pretty coves, tempting lagoons, endearing fishing villages and secluded sands, one destination above all headlines Vietnam’s beach destinations – Nha Trang.
Located in the south-west of Vietnam, Nha Trang is considered to have one of Asia’s finest coastlines, its golden bay sweeping behind pockets of islands that protect it from the elements. Unspoilt sands and sapphire waters tempt the eye, while developed resources ensure scuba diving, island-hopping and culture cruising will keep you occupied.
To the south, Ho Chi Minh has successfully progressed beyond the remnants of its troubled past to establish itself as a lively, forward-thinking city that shines a beacon for the country’s growing prosperity.
There is little escaping Ho Chi Minh’s vibrant atmosphere since the city moves at an enthusiastic pace. Whether it’s the motorbikes that whizz between junctions or the locals busily going about their daily business, it is easy to be caught up in the exciting rush around you.
A visit to Ho Chi Minh City on a Travelbag tour will give you the chance to delve into the uncompromising Cu Chi Tunnels, a vast network of burrows dug during the Vietnam War as an effective guerrilla tactic, the iconic Reunification Palace and even Vietnam’s own rendition of the Notre Dame Cathedral.
Venture further inland and the historic towns of Hoi An, Hue and Dalat tug on the heartstrings with their romantic French-colonial splashes, endearing back-stories and attractive settings.
Those who have visited Vietnam agree it is a country that already offers much, yet still has more to come. With Travelbag, you will discover exactly why Vietnam has earned such a lofty reputation in such a short time…
Dine in style on a traditional cruise boat as it passes between the dramatic islets of Halong Bay. Be entertained by the quirky Water Puppets of Thang Long in Hanoi. Allow the gentle sounds of the South China Sea lull you into a state of pure bliss as your toes sink into the soft sand beach. Vietnam is a tropical paradise.
One of the world’s most revered holiday destinations, Vietnam is a tempting proposition for any Travelbag tour with its vibrant and cultural cities, historic ancient towns, spectacular natural landscape and, of course, its outstandingly beautiful beaches.
Whether you are seeking the freedom of an independent tour, the guided benefits of an escorted tour or the romantic intimacy of a small group tour, Travelbag’s Vietnam tours have something to suit every preference and budget.
Key Highlights of Vietnam
- Relaxing on Vietnam’s picturesque beaches
- Sailing across the dramatic Halong Bay
- Immersing yourself in the bustle of Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi
- Cruising across the mighty Mekong Delta
- Uncovering Vietnam’s fascinating heritage
- Exploring the colonial towns of Dalat and Hoi An
For more information about Travelbag’s excellent range of Vietnam tours, call 0871 703 4698 Costs 13p/min + network extras to chat with one of our knowledgeable travel experts about creating the perfect Vietnam holiday for you.
TOP TEN THINGS TO DO IN VIETNAM
- Sun, sea, sand - Travelbag’s Vietnam tours will take you to Vietnam’s most extraordinary beaches, where stunning scenery and silvery sands will take your breath away.
- Sail Vietnam’s Halong Bay - Dine on sumptuous seafood as you admire the drama of Halong Bay on a Vietnam tour, where thousands of jagged limestone islets rise out of the emerald-tinged waters.
- Meet Ho Chi Minh - View the carefully preserved body of Ho Chi Minh, one of the Lenin-Marxist leaders that fronted Vietnam’s quest for independence.
- Perfect Parisian afternoons - Admire the charming French-colonial architecture of Ho Chi Minh City before setting down to a crusty baguette and a fresh cup of coffee.
- Cross the mighty Mekong - Sail through the Mekong Delta, peacefully exploring its artery of waterways, fertile lands and orchards.
- Shop, dine… float - Bump your way through one of the intriguing floating markets in the Mekong Delta, where you’ll be able to purchase the same food, wares, crafts and trinkets as you would in any market… albeit on water.
- Mind your head! - Burrow through the vast, yet uncompromising labyrinth of tunnels at Cu Chi, dug by the Viet Cong during the Vietnam War as an effective guerrilla tactic against their enemies.
- Cross the fearsome Hai Van Pass - With Travelbag, you will traverse the Hai Van Pass, a spectacular, but treacherous route through the lush mountainous terrain that fringes the South China Sea.
- Discover Dalat - Discover this charming former haunt of the colonial elite, which effortlessly blends the unmistakable romance of Paris with the grand traditions of Indochina.
- Explore Hoi An on wheels - Hire a bike to reach the heart of Hoi An, an ‘Old Town’ resplendent with rustic beauty and a designated UNESCO World Heritage Site.
VIETNAM - PLACES TO SEE
VIETNAM - IMAGES
Vist the blog
Check out our Blog to see some of the amazing experiences Vietnam has to offer
India- The Spice Lands
India, the seventh biggest country in the world has something for everyone. The spice lands of Kerala are a great introduction to the region. After you land in Cochin, the most cosmopolitan city in the region, you will visit the Matancherry Dutch Palace, conf...
Iconic rail travel in Canada
Over one million guests have rediscovered the pleasures of train travel at its best since Rocky Mountaineer began its now world-famous excursion trains through the Canadian Rockies in 1990. The blue, white and gold trains with bi-level cars, viewing domes...
Old and New in Winnipeg
Aboutmygeneration.com Peter Morrell goes on a spectacular rail journey and finds Winnipeg is full of very interesting revelations.Many people have told me about the ‘Hermetic Code’ of the Manitoba Legislative Building in Winnipeg, Canada. The build...
An Agent's View of Dubai
One of the most popular destinations amongst Travelbag customers and travel consultants alike, Dubai is also one of the most exciting and luxurious cities in the world. With frequent routes from all of the UK’s major airports, you also have the ch...
Please Call For Exclusive PricesAs the flight date you have chosen is within the next 4 days, it has limited availability and may only be booked by calling our specialist reservation centre. Please call 0871 402 1644.
Please be aware that availability will constantly change and therefore we recommend that you call us to book this special fare as soon as possible.
Alternatively you may wish to alter your search dates.