From the highest and oldest sand dunes on earth, to one of the world’s deepest canyons, the African nation of Namibia is bursting with extreme natural spectacles that will startle, inspire and take your breath away
It’s an essence that makes Namiba such a unique and intriguing Africa holiday destination. Book a Namibia tour with Travelbag and you could be scaling the spectacular sand dunes of the Namib Desert, peering into the depths of the enormous Fish River Canyon and putting your feet up on the sumptuous sands of Swakopmund’s beaches.
Straddling two desert plains – the Namib Desert and the Kalahari Desert -, Namibia may be a remarkably unforgiving territory in places, but the result is an extraordinary landscape that will have you reaching for the camera.
The Sossusvlei dunes are regarded as the highest in the world, the sight of sienna-hued sands, warped into shape by the swirling winds as they crest and trough against the deep-blue skies, one that will leave you enraptured by Namibia’s stark beauty.
Contrasting to the height of the dunes, which can reach more than 300m, the Fish River Canyon is regarded as the world’s second largest canyon, stretching more than 100 miles and plunging more than 500m deep in some places.
The views across the vast canyon are truly spectacular, whether you are sitting at the highest point gazing across towards the horizon or following the ‘Trail’ across the dry river bed.
Namibia is also rich in game and a visit to the Etosha National Park represents the perfect opportunity to go in pursuit of the notorious ‘Big 5’ of elephants, lions, leopards, buffalos and rhinos.
Better still, Namibia’s proximity to the sparkling waters of the Atlantic Ocean make its west coast beaches equally tempting, whether it’s stretching out on the sands of Swakopmund or touring the quaint German colonial township of Luderitz.
If you have ever dreamed of crossing unspoiled African landscapes or chased its magnificent animals, book a Namibia tour in 2016 to have your imagination well and truly captured…
Trudge your way into the unspoilt sands of the Sossusvlei dunes. Peer into the plunging depths of the Fish Canyon. Keep a watchful eye out for the ‘Big 5’ in Etosha National Park… A Namibia tour will thrill and stimulate with every moment.
A Namibia tour with Travelbag is the perfect way to explore this extraordinary land comprehensively, whether you prefer the freedom of an independent or self-drive tour, the benefits of an escorted tour led by our team of friendly and passionate guides, or the incomparable intimacy and romance of a small group tour.
See a different side to Africa in 2014 with a Namibia holiday booked through Travelbag for the opportunity to experience the most comprehensive itineraries, witness the most incredible sights and embark on the most exciting safari tours.
Key Highlights of Namibia
- Watching the sun set behind the Sossusvlei dunes
- Relaxing on Swakopmund’s beaches
- Chasing the ‘Big 5’ in Etosha
- Peering into the vast Fish Canyon
- Standing on the corner of the Kalahari
- Admiring German-inspired Windhoek and Luderitz
For more information about Travelbag’s excellent range of Namibia tours, call 0871 703 4698 Costs 13p/min + network extras to chat with one of our knowledgeable travel experts about creating the perfect Namibia holiday for you.
TOP TEN THINGS TO DO IN NAMIBIA
- The spectacular sands of Sossusvlei - Be enchanted by the stark beauty of Namibia’s untouched landscape in Sossusvlei, where the sand dunes rise and fall against the shimmering blue skies.
- Sink into sumptuous Swakopmund - Admire the South Atlantic Ocean scenery, relax on the beach or partake in an exhilarating activity, the coastal town of Swakopmund is a popular stop on any Namibia tour.
- Gaze into the enormous Fish Canyon - Peer into the vast expanse of Fish River Canyon, one of the world’s largest canyons, for incredible, far-reaching views of the Fish River carving its way through the landscape.
- Pursue the ‘Big 5’ - Watch out for 4 of the ‘Big 5’ when you venture into the spectacular grounds of Etosha National Park, where lions, elephants, leopards and rhinos can be spotted.
- Wildlife spotting in Damaraland - Traverse the ruggedly beautiful Damaraland, where you will be encouraged to keep a look out for the rare desert elephant and the black rhino.
- Wonderful Windhoek - Venture into Namibia’s colourful capital city of Windhoek, where you can explore its distinctive German colonial architecture.
- Stand on Kalahari’s corner - Tread Namibia’s portion of the Kalahari Desert’s hallowed terrain to stand on the corner of the world’s largest sand mass on earth.
- Germany… in Namibia - The quaint coastal town of Luderitz is representative of Namibia’s German colonial past with its Art Nouveau architecture and distinctive European atmosphere.
- Follow the Orange River - South Africa’s longest river ends across the border in Namibia where it drains into the South Atlantic Ocean and is considered one of the country’s most important wetlands
- Bird-watching in Fish Canyon - The sustaining waters of the Fish River attract wildlife to its shores, making it ideal for viewing exotic birdlife, such as the Egyptian Goose, the Goliath Heron and the Abdim’s Stork.
NAMIBIA - IMAGES
Vist the blog
Check out our Blog to see some of the amazing experiences Namibia has to offer
India- The Spice Lands
India, the seventh biggest country in the world has something for everyone. The spice lands of Kerala are a great introduction to the region. After you land in Cochin, the most cosmopolitan city in the region, you will visit the Matancherry Dutch Palace, conf...
Iconic rail travel in Canada
Over one million guests have rediscovered the pleasures of train travel at its best since Rocky Mountaineer began its now world-famous excursion trains through the Canadian Rockies in 1990. The blue, white and gold trains with bi-level cars, viewing domes...
Old and New in Winnipeg
Aboutmygeneration.com Peter Morrell goes on a spectacular rail journey and finds Winnipeg is full of very interesting revelations.Many people have told me about the ‘Hermetic Code’ of the Manitoba Legislative Building in Winnipeg, Canada. The build...
An Agent's View of Dubai
One of the most popular destinations amongst Travelbag customers and travel consultants alike, Dubai is also one of the most exciting and luxurious cities in the world. With frequent routes from all of the UK’s major airports, you also have the ch...
Please Call For Exclusive PricesAs the flight date you have chosen is within the next 4 days, it has limited availability and may only be booked by calling our specialist reservation centre. Please call 0871 402 1489.
Please be aware that availability will constantly change and therefore we recommend that you call us to book this special fare as soon as possible.
Alternatively you may wish to alter your search dates.