Natural splendour meets ancient tradition throughout the mystic island of Bali, an island belonging to Indonesia and a magnificent destination filled with beauty and rich in culture where travellers can create the most unforgettable holiday experiences.
Steeped in both religion and mythology, the verdant landscape is home to a number of significant temples dedicated to the age old traditions of Hinduism, whose beliefs include the balance of one’s karma as seen through the acts of daily morality.
The rugged landscape houses a number of wonders both high and low, from the peak of the Mount Batur volcano to the azure depths of the Indian Ocean, with every glorious view in between ranging from small villages to bustling cities and from dense emerald tropics to both black volcanic and pristine white beaches.
Discover the charm of each community throughout Bali, all with their own characteristics and highlights, with market stall trinkets and handicrafts being a main feature found throughout the winding streets of Kuta while the chic, upmarket restaurants of Seminyak urge travellers to sample their fresh local flavours. Even the creative hub of Ubud has spent time in the limelight, serving once as a bohemian escape, the town is now a centre for arts, food and dance, made famous as the setting for the romantic drama ‘Eat Pray Love’.
Desperately seeking culture? Bali has that in spades, with the striking statue of Vishnu a significant landmark located in the Garuda Wisnu Kencana cultural park along the Bukit Peninsula, while the temple of Tanah Lot sits atop a rock formation in Tabanan, one of seven temples located around the Balinese coast dedicated to the ancient sea gods.
Excitement abound for adventurers looking for memorable thrills, with travellers spending time among the coral reef of Nusa Penida as they dive and snorkel to discover the myriad of sea life that inhabit the deep waters. Get up close and personal with the indigenous wildlife at the Ubud Monkey Forest where the local macaques make it a habit to descend from the treetops to interact with tourists. And if that’s not enough, why not test your nerves as you white water raft through the rivers of Ubud, which are filled with twists, turns and spiralling waters as well as magnificent scenery.
But after all is said and done, actions speak louder than words, and with a visit to Bali your actions are sure to be heard for a long time to come.
Whether it’s embracing the culture of the towns and cities that make up Bali’s hospitable populous or cutting a swath through the rugged jungle landscape to uncover natural landmarks, the enriched country of Bali is yours to discover for a truly memorable exotic experience.
Travelbag are happy to accommodate your tour across the majestic lands, filled with deep seeded traditions and stunning views in all directions. From the lively ambiance of Kuta village to the peace and serenity of Seminyak, and from the aquatic mysteries found in the waters of Nusa Penida to the dense tropics that surround the rice paddies and temples of Ubud, our tours highlight every important aspect of Bali to accommodate your holiday no matter the inclination.
The tours featured in Bali range from the thrilling to the relaxing, with visits to cultural museums and ancient temples where the mythologies and religions of this ancient country can be traced along on a guided tour, to the more hands-on activities of deep-sea diving and mountain climbing to uncover magnificent sights that would otherwise elude the unadventurous.
Key Highlights of Bali
- Go diving in the gorgeous blue waters of Nusa Penida
- Visit the ancient pilgrimage temple of Tanah Lot
- Discover the mighty statue of the Hindu god Vishnu
- Climb the majestic live volcano of Mount Batur
- Lay upon both white and black sanded beaches
- Watch the locals perform the Kecak monkey dance
For more information about Travelbag’s excellent range of Bali tours, call to chat with one of our knowledgeable travel experts about creating the perfect Bali holiday for you.
- Visit the temple by the sea - Trek to Tanah Lot Temple in Tabanan, located on a rock formation along the ocean, this popular pilgrimage site is renowned for its serenity and significance in Balinese mythology.
- Uncover underwater wonders - Swim amongst the exotic marine life in Nusa Penida where manta rays and fish make their homes amongst the beautiful coral reef.
- There’s always time for monkey business - The Ubud Monkey Forest is a nature reserve that houses a number of macaques who are far from shy, interacting with the many tourists who venture through the area.
- Marvel at the effigy of Vishnu - Visit Garuda Wisnu Kencana, a private cultural park that is home to a 23 meter statue of the Hindu god Vishnu and his mount, Garuda, King of Birds.
- Ascend the mighty Mount Batur - Climb an active volcano which soars 1700 meters into the sky, follow the hiking trails to the summit for stunning views over the verdant landscape.
- Hold on to your life jackets - Bali Adventure Rafting in Ubud is the perfect way to get the heart pumping as you navigate rivers filled with vortexes, sudden drops and not to mention stunning scenery.
- Look out for dolphins - Lovina is one of the best places in the world for dolphin sighting, relax out on the water aboard a boat and watch as the majestic sea mammals surface and make their presence known.
- Witness the mesmerising monkey dance - Watch as locals perform the traditional Balinese dance known as Kecak, a routine which features no instruments, only vocal chanting, whose roots stem from ancient lore and trance-inducing exorcism rituals.
- Meet the neighbours - The neighbouring island of Lombok is filled with pristine beaches and temples of its own, with the smaller surrounding Gili islands proving to be a serene escape for a feeling of island seclusion.
- Discover a piece of nature’s bounty - See the magnificence of Sekumpul Falls as the rushing water cascades down past the jungle foliage, be warned, you are likely to get wet on this one.
BALI - PLACES TO SEE
BALI - IMAGES
Vist the blog
Check out our Blog to see some of the amazing experiences Bali has to offer
Getting Married Abroad
If you have always dreamed about tying the knot on a beautiful beach at sunset, with the sound of waves crashing gently in your ears – we have good news for you. It is more than possible to make this dream come true. Moreover, thousands of couples every ...
Exotic Honeymoon Destinations
If you’re lucky enough to be in the middle of planning a dream honeymoon, you should know that you have got a world of exploration at your feet. There has simply never been a better time to jet off on a romantic adventure. The destinations are varied, ...
Calling all bloggers
Consider yourself something of an expert traveller? Can you offer a local insight to a certain destination? We’re looking for travel specialists to offer ‘Expert Insight’ on a variety of destinations! The wonderful Amber Hoffman from With Hu...
Please Call For Exclusive PricesAs the flight date you have chosen is within the next 4 days, it has limited availability and may only be booked by calling our specialist reservation centre. Please call 0871 402 1511.
Please be aware that availability will constantly change and therefore we recommend that you call us to book this special fare as soon as possible.
Alternatively you may wish to alter your search dates.