An extraordinary land of natural magnificence, mythical legend and spectacular modern advancements, the China of the 21st century is a captivating blend of excitement, intrigue and wonder.
A fascinating country that that has retained its traditional heritage in the midst of world-class contemporary development, it is little wonder that the world’s most populous country has established itself as one of the most popular to visit too.
While many of China’s ancient sites need little introduction, there is no comparison to actually seeing these remarkable landmarks up close, so a Travelbag China tour is the perfect opportunity to see, touch and experience them like never before....
With Travelbag you will have the chance to stroll along the Great Wall of China, be transported to another era in Beijing’s majestic Forbidden City and explore pockets of China’s rural towns, such as the picturesque Lijiang and quaint Kunming.
Furthermore, Travelbag is committed to ensuring your experiences are unique, from discovering the sleepy ancient water town of Zhujiajiao, to sharing a delicious homemade feast with a welcoming local Beijing family, to making acquaintance with the inspiring Giant Pandas of Chengdu.
Board the Victoria Grace cruise ship, take a seat on your own private balcony and marvel at the spectacular scenery as it floats by, come face-to-face with the mysterious Terracotta Army of historic Xian and admire new and old alongside each other in the sprawling metropolis of Shanghai – the timeless beauty of China will leave you in awe.
For an adventure into China’s mesmerising rural reaches, a Tibet tour takes you to the heart of the snowy peaks of the Himalayas, where monasteries, cliff-top palaces and idyllic lakes are waiting to be discovered.
More than that though, beyond its incredible ancient finery, a tour to China is a chance to witness a country evolving in real-time, a contemporary status immortalised by Beijing’s legendary hosting of the 2008 Summer Olympic Games, the ascending skyline of Shanghai and the introduction of the Maglev ‘bullet trains’.
There has never been a better time to discover 21st century China, ideal for those seeking a rural adventure on a path less well travelled, a chance to immerse themselves in a striking culture or cities thriving against the backdrop of a grandiose past.
As one of the largest and most extraordinary lands in the world, exploring China is an experience that will stay with you forever. With its iconic landmarks, enchanting cultures, incredible human feats, divine natural beauty and welcoming locals, a Travelbag China tour stimulates the senses, as well as the soul.
As such a vast nation, a China tour with Travelbag is the perfect opportunity to see more of this country for less, whether you want to travel independently, enjoy a Travelbag escorted tour helmed by our expert guides or prefer the intimacy of a small group tour, perhaps on a honeymoon.
Whichever you choose, Travelbag’s broad itineraries, plentiful activities, unique experiences and high quality arranged accommodation will give you freedom to appreciate this magnificent country from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart.
Key Highlights of China
- Walking the Great Wall of China
- Visiting Beijing’s iconic Tiananmen Square
- Greeting the Giant Pandas of Chengdu
- Trekking into the mountains of Tibet
- Traversing the famous Silk Road
- Cruising across the mighty Yangtze River
For more information about Travelbag’s excellent range of China tours, call 0871 703 4698 Costs 13p/min + network extras to chat with one of our knowledgeable travel experts about creating the perfect China holiday for you.
TOP TEN THINGS TO DO IN CHINA
- Traverse Tiananmen Square - A Travelbag tour will allow you to walk the vast Tiananmen Square in the centre of Beijing and learn about the history of this iconic landmark.
- Marvel at the fearsome Terracotta Army - Come face-to-face with the life-size ‘Terracotta Army’ in Xian, one of the world’s most extraordinary archaeological finds.
- Walk China Great Wall - Stroll across a well preserved stretch of the mighty Great Wall of China, an enduringly magnificent feat of ancient engineering.
- Look into the eyes of a Giant Panda - A unique Travelbag China tour opportunity, witness the beautiful - but endangered - Giant Pandas at a Chengdu Panda Research and Breeding Base to learn more about ongoing conservation efforts.
- Be dazzled by shiny Shanghai - Admire the spectacular light show of Shanghai’s flourishing skyline, from the distinctive Oriental Pearl Tower to the forthcoming Shanghai Tower, destined to become the world’s second-tallest building.
- Get into the heart of brilliant Beijing - Be enchanted by the noise and activity of a traditional Beijing hutong (back street) before indulging in a fine feast of authentic Chinese cuisine with a local family
- See the sides of China along the mighty Yangtze - Glimpse at ultra-modern city skylines, rustic villages and breathtaking natural scenery during an unforgettable cruise across the mighty Yangtze River.
- Discover the magic of Tibet - Ascend into the intoxicating regions of Tibet, where unfiltered natural splendour is tempered with a fascinating rural culture full of history and wonder.
- Feast like never before - Throughout your Travelbag China tour, you will be treated to delicious Cantonese feasts, from delicate dumplings to flavourful curries.
- Travel the exotic Silk Road - Take a China tour to traverse the iconic Silk Road, one of the world’s most exotic and most important trading routes.
CHINA - PLACES TO SEE
CHINA - IMAGES
Vist the blog
Check out our Blog to see some of the amazing experiences China has to offer
India- The Spice Lands
India, the seventh biggest country in the world has something for everyone. The spice lands of Kerala are a great introduction to the region. After you land in Cochin, the most cosmopolitan city in the region, you will visit the Matancherry Dutch Palace, conf...
Iconic rail travel in Canada
Over one million guests have rediscovered the pleasures of train travel at its best since Rocky Mountaineer began its now world-famous excursion trains through the Canadian Rockies in 1990. The blue, white and gold trains with bi-level cars, viewing domes...
Old and New in Winnipeg
Aboutmygeneration.com Peter Morrell goes on a spectacular rail journey and finds Winnipeg is full of very interesting revelations.Many people have told me about the ‘Hermetic Code’ of the Manitoba Legislative Building in Winnipeg, Canada. The build...
An Agent's View of Dubai
One of the most popular destinations amongst Travelbag customers and travel consultants alike, Dubai is also one of the most exciting and luxurious cities in the world. With frequent routes from all of the UK’s major airports, you also have the ch...
Please Call For Exclusive PricesAs the flight date you have chosen is within the next 4 days, it has limited availability and may only be booked by calling our specialist reservation centre. Please call 0871 402 1612.
Please be aware that availability will constantly change and therefore we recommend that you call us to book this special fare as soon as possible.
Alternatively you may wish to alter your search dates.