THE DEEP SOUTH TOURING
Brimming with character and vitality, a tour of the Deep South is an opportunity to visit some of America’s most iconic and vibrant cities.
Get into the heart of this fascinating and distinctive corner of the United States on a Travelbag Deep South tour, an area that has woven itself into the fabric of the United States with its indelible contributions to society, culture and the arts.
With Travelbag, a Deep South tour gives you the chance to walk the famed colonial streets of New Orleans, learn more about the origins of country music in Nashville and visit the residence of Memphis’s icon, Elvis Presley.
Immerse yourself in the Deep South’s absorbing lifestyle, where you can sample the smooth flavours of Jack Daniels whiskey at its iconic Lynchburg distillery, stroll the picturesque townships that line the mighty Mississippi River and embrace the energy of its exciting cities.
A Deep South tour with Travelbag is more than simply a holiday – it’s a chance to touch, see, taste, smell and experience the United States like never before…
The Deep South Highlights
Take to the United States’ Deep South for a fulfilling tour of this captivating region, where the charming cities of New Orleans, Atlanta, Nashville and Memphis will stimulate your senses with their distinctive sights, smells and sounds.
Whether you prefer the freedom of an independent or self-drive tour, the added benefit of an escorted tour led by our friendly team of guides or the intimacy of a small group tour, Travelbag promises to offer a Deep South tour to suit you.
Savour the vitality of lively New Orleans, walk in the footsteps of Elvis Presley in Memphis and embrace the city slick lifestyle of Atlanta on a Deep South tour safe in the knowledge that Travelbag has arranged your transport and accommodation.
Key Highlights in the Deep South
- Exploring the characterful streets of New Orleans
- Singing the blues in Memphis
- Discovering the secrets of awesome Atlanta
- Savouring the smooth flavours of Jack Daniels
- Tracing the hallowed footsteps of Elvis Presley
- Dipping your toe in the mighty Mississippi River
For more information about Travelbag’s excellent range of Deep South tours, call 0871 703 4698 Costs 13p/min + network extras to chat with one of our knowledgeable travel experts about creating the perfect Deep South holiday for you.
TOP TEN THINGS TO DO IN "THE DEEP SOUTH"
- Play jazz in New Orleans - With its quaint French colonial streets and roots in jazz music, a tour of ‘Nawlins’ reveals its unending charisma.
- Sing the blues in Memphis - Known as the city of the ‘blues’, a Travelbag tour to Memphis will inspire you with its musical heritage, most notably its association with Elvis Presley.
- USA’s ‘City of Music’ - Renowned as the spiritual home of country music, Nashville moves to a lively beat, making it a fun choice for a Deep South tour destination.
- Awesome Atlanta - Let the growing Georgia city of Atlanta, revitalised by its hosting of the 1996 Olympics Games, dazzle you with its sleek architecture and trendy lifestyle.
- Charming Charleston - Enjoy the traditionally warm hospitality of the Deep South with a visit to the pretty laidback seaport town of Charleston.
- Trace the blue suede footsteps of Elvis - Memphis’ enduring attraction of Graceland – the mansion of the late, great Elvis Presley – remains an interesting stop on any Deep South tour.
- A mellow taste of Lynchburg - Tour the legendary Jack Daniels distillery to find out how the famous whiskey is created using age-old methods.
- Party time in ‘Nawlins’ - Depending on what time of year you visit New Orleans, there is often a party or festival to join in on
- Historic Natchez - Perched high above the mighty Mississippi River, the historic town of Natchez is home to many grand 19th century mansions and riverside estates.
- Tastes of New Orleans - Discover the secrets of Creole cuisine by taking in a cookery lesson in New Orleans, where you’ll create your own delicious lunch.
THE DEEP SOUTH - PLACES TO SEE
THE DEEP SOUTH - IMAGES
Vist the blog
Check out our Blog to see some of the amazing experiences The Deep South has to offer
India- The Spice Lands
India, the seventh biggest country in the world has something for everyone. The spice lands of Kerala are a great introduction to the region. After you land in Cochin, the most cosmopolitan city in the region, you will visit the Matancherry Dutch Palace, conf...
Iconic rail travel in Canada
Over one million guests have rediscovered the pleasures of train travel at its best since Rocky Mountaineer began its now world-famous excursion trains through the Canadian Rockies in 1990. The blue, white and gold trains with bi-level cars, viewing domes...
Old and New in Winnipeg
Aboutmygeneration.com Peter Morrell goes on a spectacular rail journey and finds Winnipeg is full of very interesting revelations.Many people have told me about the ‘Hermetic Code’ of the Manitoba Legislative Building in Winnipeg, Canada. The build...
An Agent's View of Dubai
One of the most popular destinations amongst Travelbag customers and travel consultants alike, Dubai is also one of the most exciting and luxurious cities in the world. With frequent routes from all of the UK’s major airports, you also have the ch...
Please Call For Exclusive PricesAs the flight date you have chosen is within the next 4 days, it has limited availability and may only be booked by calling our specialist reservation centre. Please call 0871 402 1644.
Please be aware that availability will constantly change and therefore we recommend that you call us to book this special fare as soon as possible.
Alternatively you may wish to alter your search dates.