A ribbon of land that unfurls more than 4,500km along the South American west coast, yet is never any more than 250km wide, Chile’s unique geology means you have the unusual opportunity to cross stark deserts and view awe-inspiring glaciers – and everything in between – without even leaving the borders.
Crossing climate zones and latitudes, a Chile tour is an extraordinary experience as you switch from the driest desert sands of Atacama, to snow-brushed volcanos, to the rolling greenery of its renowned Central Valley vineyards, to the alpine splendour of its forested Lake District, to the dramatic glaciers that mark South America’s most southerly tip....
Hemmed in by the Andes Mountains and the Pacific Ocean, few countries in the world can boast such a distinct variety of landscapes, but that simply makes Chile a perfect choice for a tour that captures the essence of South America in one tremendous package.
The striking contrasts begin with a visit to the Atacama Desert, recognised as the driest region on earth with just 1mm of rain a year in places. As well as barren sands, parts of the desert are also made up of eerie salt flats, peppered with stunning lagoons tinged in an unusual emerald hue, and powerful geysers that burst with steam.
Journey south across this long, thin nation and marvel at the changes in the landscape, which becomes greener as you continue on, from the manicured vineyards in and around the vibrant capital city of Santiago, to the picturesque scenery of ‘Los Lagos’ (Lake District), right to the southernmost stretches of Patagonia and the Torres del Paine.
On the way, towering volcanos, lush greenery, idyllic lakes, charming towns and friendly people will line your route, an evolving landscape that is never anything less than extraordinary.
Reach the southernmost tip of mainland South America and the glaciers of Patagonia, where penguins and whales can be viewed, mark a striking contrast to where you started in the north. Such disparate lands, however, are what Chile is all about.
Book a Chile tour with Travelbag and you can choose from a vast array of comprehensive itineraries that will stay with you forever, safe in the knowledge that we provide the convenience of arranged accommodation and transfers.
In fact, with such a vast array of tempting attractions, the hardest bit about a Chile holiday is simply knowing what to pack…
Highlights of Chile
Traverse the arid flats of Atacama, appreciate the delicate aromas from some of the world’s finest wines, admire the drama of Torres del Paine’s scenic backdrops… a Chile holiday is a world of breathtaking opportunities waiting to be explored.
If you want to explore Chile on your own, we offer self-drive or independent tours. Alternatively, if you want the ease of travelling with the help of an expert guide, you could enjoy one of our unforgettable escorted tours or take a small group tour.
And because we only work with the very best suppliers to provide the finest accommodation and transfers possible, you can be sure that your tour of Chile will be everything you have ever imagined it would be, whatever you choose to do.
Key Highlights of Chile
- Marvelling at Chile’s incredible Torres del Paine
- Gazing across the vast expanse of the Atacama salt flats
- Being awe-inspired by glorious glaciers
- Keeping an eye out for the Patagonia penguins
- Living up life in feisty Santiago
- Admiring the alpine landscapes of Los Lagos.
For more information about Travelbag’s excellent range of Chile tours, call 0871 703 4698 Costs 13p/min + network extras to chat with one of our knowledgeable travel experts about creating the perfect Chile holiday for you.
TOP TEN THINGS TO DO IN CHILE
- Marvel at marvellous Torres del Paine - With its gigantic snow-dusted granite peaks, lakes, caves and waterfalls, it is little wonder that Torres del Paine is regarded as one of South America’s most extraordinary natural spectacles.
- Cross the world’s driest region - A true measure of Chile’s contrasting landscapes, the stark expanse of the moon-like Atacama Salt Lake, set in the arid Atacama Desert, is a sight to behold.
- Super Santiago - Chile’s capital city moves to a lively beat, its restaurants and bars reckoned to be some of South America’s very best, while its captivating colonial heritage makes it a fine choice for a sightseeing tour.
- Cruise Chile’s chilly glaciers - Float amidst the extraordinary glaciers of southernmost Chile with a cruise from Punta Arenas to Ainsworth Bay, Pia Glacier and Glacier Alley.
- Pick up a Patagonia penguin - You don’t have to travel to Antarctica to see penguins as the southernmost Patagonia reaches of Chile are home to several delightful penguin colonies.
- Spot the unique marine life of Chiloe Island - Take to Chiloe Island off the coast of Chile to discover more about this verdant archipelago of rainforest and abundant marine life, including penguins and dolphins.
- Explore Chile’s ‘City of Roses’ - Also known as the ‘City of Roses’, Puerto Varas is a popular stop on a Chile tour, delighting with its stunning Osorno volcano scenery and its distinctive German colonial influence.
- Admire Chile’s ‘Switzerland’ - Traverse Chile’s renowned ‘Los Lagos’ (Lake District) with a visit to the charming city of Puerto Montt, set in the shadow of Osorno volcano and amidst breathtaking alpine scenery.
- The puffing geysers of Atacama - Amongst the highest geothermal fields in the world at a lofty 4,300m above sea level, watch in awe as the the El Tatio Geysers burst steam from the fumaroles below.
- Sample Chile’s finest wines - Discover the rolling vineyards of Chile’s famed wine regions, where you will have the opportunity to sample the tempting produce at a local winery.
CHILE - PLACES TO SEE
CHILE - IMAGES
Vist the blog
Check out our Blog to see some of the amazing experiences Chile has to offer
India- The Spice Lands
India, the seventh biggest country in the world has something for everyone. The spice lands of Kerala are a great introduction to the region. After you land in Cochin, the most cosmopolitan city in the region, you will visit the Matancherry Dutch Palace, conf...
Iconic rail travel in Canada
Over one million guests have rediscovered the pleasures of train travel at its best since Rocky Mountaineer began its now world-famous excursion trains through the Canadian Rockies in 1990. The blue, white and gold trains with bi-level cars, viewing domes...
Old and New in Winnipeg
Aboutmygeneration.com Peter Morrell goes on a spectacular rail journey and finds Winnipeg is full of very interesting revelations.Many people have told me about the ‘Hermetic Code’ of the Manitoba Legislative Building in Winnipeg, Canada. The build...
An Agent's View of Dubai
One of the most popular destinations amongst Travelbag customers and travel consultants alike, Dubai is also one of the most exciting and luxurious cities in the world. With frequent routes from all of the UK’s major airports, you also have the ch...
Please Call For Exclusive PricesAs the flight date you have chosen is within the next 4 days, it has limited availability and may only be booked by calling our specialist reservation centre. Please call 0871 402 1644.
Please be aware that availability will constantly change and therefore we recommend that you call us to book this special fare as soon as possible.
Alternatively you may wish to alter your search dates.