ARGENTINA & ANTARCTICA TOURING
Distinguished by having arid salt flats in the north, yet idyllic icy glaciers to the south, with everything from feisty cities, revered vineyards, glistening waterfalls, snow-dusted mountain peaks and thriving wetlands in between, the brilliant and bold contrasts of Argentina have the power to take your breath away at a moment’s notice.
The sheer scale of Argentina is such that a tour from top-to-toe will take you across lands as diverse as cactus-peppered landscapes in the dry northern regions, rolling green vineyards set to the backdrop of the mighty Andes Mountains and towering glaciers advancing across the Patagonia south....
Book a dream holiday to Argentina with Travelbag and our comprehensive itineraries and tour packages give you the chance to witness every possible side to the breathtaking South America continent without ever leaving the borders of the country.
Begin your Argentina love affair with a visit to the city that invented the tango, the notoriously seductive dance that captures the essence of this vibrant and colourful metropolis. Explore the historic Plaza de Mayo, test your dance skills in a tango bar and feast on the world’s most tender beef steaks, Buenos Aires promises the warmest of welcomes.
Delve into Argentina’s interior and watch in awe as the vistas change depending on your direction. Head to the very north-west of Argentina and you’ll be met with stark scenes in the harsh salt flats of Jujuy and the cacti-blanketed Lerma Valley.
At the very north-east tip of Argentina, the border with Brazil is marked with the incredible Iguassu Falls, a phenomenal scene as waters thunder over a wide cliff span, whipping up a mist that refracts in the sun as it rises above the surrounding jungle.
Further south, Mendoza traces the spectacular Andes mountain range as it wends through South America, this fertile area flourishing with vineyards that can lay claim to some of the world’s finest wines. A visit here gives you the chance to tickle your taste buds and savour a fragrant bouquet in magical surroundings.
For all of Argentina’s Latin flair, however, no visit to the country is complete without heading to the very southern reaches in Patagonia. Cooler and windier, Patagonia is teeming with stunning scenery, such as the icy peaks of Los Glaciares National Park, and Tierra del Fuego, the southernmost point of Argentina that looks out over the Southern Ocean to Antarctica beyond.
Indeed, for those who have always dreamed of venturing to the ends of the earth, Travelbag also gives you the incredible opportunity to step foot on the icy continent of Antarctica with an unforgettable cruise from Argentina.
View a dramatic ice-sculpted landscape seen by precious few on this earth as you cruise past the translucent blue glaciers of Beagle Channel and Drake Passage, before eventually reaching the Antarctic Peninsula for two days spent on this endlessly spectacular continent in the company of penguins, Gentoo and Adelie.
A perfect holiday to combine with a tour to neighbouring Brazil and Chile, an Argentina tour is a magnificent chance to immerse yourself in this fascinating Latin culture and marvel at the treasures spread across this vast nation.
If you’re looking to be amazed in 2016, a holiday to Argentina is waiting to enchant, inspire and delight.
Highlights of Argentina & Antarctica
From the spectacular advancing glaciers of Los Glaciares in Patagonia, to the rainbow-tinged waters of the incredible Iguassu Falls, to the unmistakable charm of its distinctive Latin culture, Argentina beckons like never before.
Book a Travelbag tour to Argentina & Antarctica and choose from a superb variety of tour packages, including flexible and independent tours, cruises through glacial landscapes, escorted tours led by our team of passionate guides and more intimate small group tours.
Travelbag is proud to offer a range of exceptional tour products, with varied and comprehensive itineraries, arranged accommodation and transfers, and the promise of nothing less than excellent quality service. Treat yourself in 2014 with the Argentina tour of a lifetime!
Key Highlights of Argentina & Antarctica
- Cherish the incredible views across Patagonia
- Dancing the night away in Buenos Aires
- Marvelling at the spectacular Iguassu Falls
- Cruising through the glaciers of Antarctica
- Tasting the delicious wines of pretty Mendoza
- Standing on the ‘edge of the world’ in Tierra del Fuego
For more information about Travelbag’s excellent range of Argentina & Antarctica tours, call 0871 703 4698 Costs 13p/min + network extras to chat with one of our knowledgeable travel experts about creating the perfect Argentina & Antarctica holiday for you.
TOP TEN THINGS TO DO IN ARGENTINA & ANTARCTICA
- Gasp at Argentina’s advancing glaciers - Set on the shores of Lake Argentino in the stunning Patagonia regions, El Calafate marks the gateway to Los Glaciares National Park, most notably the incredible advancing glacier of Perito Moreno.
- Bold and beautiful Buenos Aires - Explore the picturesque lanes and colourful corners of historic Buenos Aires with tours to the Plaza e Mayo, La Boca and Recoleta.
- Step foot on Antarctica - Head further south than you ever dreamed possible by boarding the M/S Expedition to Antarctica, where you will cruise the Beagle Channel, cross Drake Passage and stand on the Antarctic Peninsula.
- Awe-struck by the mighty Iguassu Falls - One of the ‘New Seven Wonder of Nature’, Iguassu Falls is a spectacular sight as water thunders over cliffs and the rainbow-hued mist rises like steam against a jungle backdrop.
- Tantalised by the finest of wines - Beautifully set at the foot of the Andes Mountains, the Mendoza vineyards produce some of the world’s finest wines, including the renowned Malbec.
- Traverse the countryside on horseback - Discover Argentina in a unique way by joining the Cordoba Estancia Experience, where you can explore the stunning rolling landscapes by horseback.
- Boat on the wetlands of Ibera - The second largest wetlands in the world, Ibera thrives with bio-diversity, including the unique maned wolf, neo-tropical river otter and two unique species of alligator.
- Dance the night away - Strap on your dancing shoes in preparation for a tango lesson in the city that created the notoriously seductive dance.
- Stand at the edge of ArgentinaStand at the tip of Argentina at Tierra del Fuego and admire the jagged, windswept landscapes that face out onto the Southern Ocean towards Antarctica.
- Gaze across Argentina’s salt flats - Set in the very north of the country, the salt flats of Jujuy and the cacti-covered Lerma Valley represent a stark contrast to the chillier south.
ARGENTINA & ANTARCTICA - PLACES TO SEE
ARGENTINA & ANTARCTICA - IMAGES
Vist the blog
Check out our Blog to see some of the amazing experiences Argentina & Antarctica has to offer
India- The Spice Lands
India, the seventh biggest country in the world has something for everyone. The spice lands of Kerala are a great introduction to the region. After you land in Cochin, the most cosmopolitan city in the region, you will visit the Matancherry Dutch Palace, conf...
Iconic rail travel in Canada
Over one million guests have rediscovered the pleasures of train travel at its best since Rocky Mountaineer began its now world-famous excursion trains through the Canadian Rockies in 1990. The blue, white and gold trains with bi-level cars, viewing domes...
Old and New in Winnipeg
Aboutmygeneration.com Peter Morrell goes on a spectacular rail journey and finds Winnipeg is full of very interesting revelations.Many people have told me about the ‘Hermetic Code’ of the Manitoba Legislative Building in Winnipeg, Canada. The build...
An Agent's View of Dubai
One of the most popular destinations amongst Travelbag customers and travel consultants alike, Dubai is also one of the most exciting and luxurious cities in the world. With frequent routes from all of the UK’s major airports, you also have the ch...
Please Call For Exclusive PricesAs the flight date you have chosen is within the next 4 days, it has limited availability and may only be booked by calling our specialist reservation centre. Please call 0871 402 1476.
Please be aware that availability will constantly change and therefore we recommend that you call us to book this special fare as soon as possible.
Alternatively you may wish to alter your search dates.