NOVA SCOTIA TOURING
See a different side to Canada with an unforgettable tour of the Nova Scotia region, where enthralling history, engaging culture and beautiful scenery awaits you.
Set on a peninsula to the north-east of Canada, Nova Scotia is Latin for ‘New Scotland’, a name that is representative of its British colonial roots when it was founded in 1749 as a bulwark against French settlements.
Since then, this province has flourished into a vibrant and interesting corner of Canada, making a Nova Scotia tour an engaging adventure into a fascinating legacy.
During your Nova Scotia tour you have the opportunity to explore the capital city Halifax with its Citadel and maritime atmosphere, the beautiful Cape Breton Highlands and the spectacular coastline of Prince Edward Island.
Better still, a Nova Scotia tour is also a chance to immerse yourself in Canada’s absorbing culture, where you may wish to go lobstering, view the world’s highest tide at Bay of Fundy and sample some of the authentic local cuisine.
A breathtaking blend of scenery, both maritime and mountainous, a visit to Nova Scotia is a must for any Canada tour.
Top ten things to do in Nova Scotia
- The capital of the Nova Scotia province, Halifax is resplendent with fascinating heritage and engaging culture, including Pier 21, Historic Properties and Bishop’s Landing.
- Fulfil the ambition of a lifetime by going on a Whale Watching cruise, where these behemoths of the sea create an unforgettable spectacle as they ascend out of the seas around Bay of Fundy.
- Admire some of North America’s most celebrated scenery with a trip to Cape Breton Highlands National Park, where stunning views and spectacular wildlife awaits.
- A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Old Town Lunenburg takes you on a journey through Nova Scotia’s heritage, where you can hear tales of the town’s history and go rum-running on a guided tour.
- Considered to be home to some of the world’s finest lobster, sampling the seafood in Nova Scotia is a wonderful experience, especially if you pick your own, have it cooked to perfection and enjoy it overlooking Stanley’s in Yarmouth.
- Visit Peggy’s Cove, a vibrant fishing community on the east coast, where surging waves makes its lighthouse one of the most photographed in Canada.
- Admire the stunning landscapes across Grand Pre, a UNESCO World Heritage site that was immortalised in Longfellow’s famous poem, Evangeline: A Tale of the Acadie.
- Visit one of Nova Scotia’s 10 living history museums and historic sites and enjoy the province’s heritage as it is brought to life in front of your eyes.
- There are more pubs-per-capita in Nova Scotia than anywhere else in Canada, so pull up a stool, raise a pint and enjoy some of country’s most enjoyable live entertainment.
- Canada may not be known for its beaches, but Nova Scotia plays host to some of its best with 13,000km of coastline, much of which is fringed by soft, warm sand.
NOVA SCOTIA - IMAGES
Vist the blog
Check out our Blog to see some of the amazing experiences Nova Scotia has to offer
India- The Spice Lands
India, the seventh biggest country in the world has something for everyone. The spice lands of Kerala are a great introduction to the region. After you land in Cochin, the most cosmopolitan city in the region, you will visit the Matancherry Dutch Palace, conf...
Iconic rail travel in Canada
Over one million guests have rediscovered the pleasures of train travel at its best since Rocky Mountaineer began its now world-famous excursion trains through the Canadian Rockies in 1990. The blue, white and gold trains with bi-level cars, viewing domes...
Old and New in Winnipeg
Aboutmygeneration.com Peter Morrell goes on a spectacular rail journey and finds Winnipeg is full of very interesting revelations.Many people have told me about the ‘Hermetic Code’ of the Manitoba Legislative Building in Winnipeg, Canada. The build...
An Agent's View of Dubai
One of the most popular destinations amongst Travelbag customers and travel consultants alike, Dubai is also one of the most exciting and luxurious cities in the world. With frequent routes from all of the UK’s major airports, you also have the ch...
Please Call For Exclusive PricesAs the flight date you have chosen is within the next 4 days, it has limited availability and may only be booked by calling our specialist reservation centre. Please call 0871 402 1644.
Please be aware that availability will constantly change and therefore we recommend that you call us to book this special fare as soon as possible.
Alternatively you may wish to alter your search dates.