CANADIAN ROCKIES TOURING
Soaring high above swathes of majestic untouched scenery, the Canadian Rockies are an extraordinary natural spectacle that will take your breath away.
Whether you visit during the winter, where pearly snow-dusted vistas are to be admired, or in the summer when a kaleidoscope of rich colours burst forth for miles around, the Canadian Rockies are a must-visit on any Canada tour.
Embarking on a Canadian Rockies tour gives you the opportunity to traverse some of the country’s most magnificent scenery, where national parks and rolling landscapes will leave you awe-inspired.
No Canada tour is complete without a visit to Banff National Park, often regarded as one of the world’s finest national parks with its domineering alpine peaks, splendid powder blue lakes and stunning virgin forestry.
A Canadian Rockies tour will also take you to Jasper National Park and Yoho National Park, where you will be encouraged to ‘do’ as well as ‘see’, with opportunities to go walking, hiking and play sport in marvellous surroundings.
Better still, Travelbag offers the chance to explore the Canadian Rockies in a number of unique ways, most notably the chance to ride on the The Canadian, a fully refurbished, luxurious train that climbs the Rockies to give you prime views in ultimate comfort.
There is even the chance to wend through Icefields Parkway on the specially-designed Athabasca Glacier, where you may see elk, deer, bighorn sheep or even bears on your travels.
Top ten things to do in Canadian Rockies
- Regarded as one of the world’s most extraordinary areas of natural beauty, Banff National Park is resplendent with epic scenery, dramatic landscapes and unforgettable vistas.
- Take the scenic route through the stunning Canadian Rockies with a trek across Icefields Parkways in Banff National Park, admiring stunning vistas of the epic mountain passes.
- Admire the beautiful glassy waters of Lake Louise and gaze across crystalline waters as they reflect the stunning landscape around it.
- The picturesque Athabasca Falls isn’t the largest waterfall at 23m high, but the sheer volume of water that cascades from the peak makes it a spectacle worth savouring.
- Jump aboard the unique ‘Ice Explorer’, a specially modified vehicle that will allow you to cross the Columbia Ice Field, where stunning views are waiting to be enjoyed.
- Famous for the hot springs perched on its slopes, a quirk that lends it its name, Sulphur Mountain is one of Banff National Park’s most celebrated attractions.
- Be treated to luxurious accommodation, superb service and unforgettable views every morning with a stay at Fairmont Chateau in Lake Louise.
- Whether you are travelling in the summer or the winter, Sun Peaks is perfect for the active traveller, with hiking and biking available in the warmer months and skiing, snowboarding and trekking available in the colder months.
- A glacier-fed lake located within the heart of Banff National Park, Lake Peyto is a magnificent scene when viewed from up high.
- Named after the narrow pass that bottle-necks the Fraser River, Hells Gate is best viewed from the Airtram as it descends to the other side of the river bank.
CANADIAN ROCKIES - IMAGES
Vist the blog
Check out our Blog to see some of the amazing experiences Canadian Rockies has to offer
India- The Spice Lands
India, the seventh biggest country in the world has something for everyone. The spice lands of Kerala are a great introduction to the region. After you land in Cochin, the most cosmopolitan city in the region, you will visit the Matancherry Dutch Palace, conf...
Iconic rail travel in Canada
Over one million guests have rediscovered the pleasures of train travel at its best since Rocky Mountaineer began its now world-famous excursion trains through the Canadian Rockies in 1990. The blue, white and gold trains with bi-level cars, viewing domes...
Old and New in Winnipeg
Aboutmygeneration.com Peter Morrell goes on a spectacular rail journey and finds Winnipeg is full of very interesting revelations.Many people have told me about the ‘Hermetic Code’ of the Manitoba Legislative Building in Winnipeg, Canada. The build...
An Agent's View of Dubai
One of the most popular destinations amongst Travelbag customers and travel consultants alike, Dubai is also one of the most exciting and luxurious cities in the world. With frequent routes from all of the UK’s major airports, you also have the ch...
Please Call For Exclusive PricesAs the flight date you have chosen is within the next 4 days, it has limited availability and may only be booked by calling our specialist reservation centre. Please call 0871 402 1644.
Please be aware that availability will constantly change and therefore we recommend that you call us to book this special fare as soon as possible.
Alternatively you may wish to alter your search dates.