BANFF NATIONAL PARK TOURING
You need only look at a photograph of Banff National Park to have your breath taken away by its stunning beauty, but nothing compares with witnessing this view yourself.
Few vistas can be considered as iconic as those to be enjoyed in the Valley of the Ten Peaks, which creates a jagged, mountainous backdrop as the still, powdery blue waters of Moraine Lake and acres of untouched dense forestry colour the foreground. As a place to enjoy a moment of peace and tranquillity, few destinations can come close to replicating its serenity.
Embark on a Banff National Park tour during your Canada tour adventure with Travelbag to witness scenes of extraordinary beauty, where snow-dusted peaks, vast valleys and crystalline lakes will leave an impression you will never forget.
During your tour of Banff National Park, you will visit Bow Falls, Lake Minnewanka, Surprise Corner and embark on a breathtaking journey along the Banff Gondola that will take you to the top of Sulphur Mountain for incredible 360-degree views.
Whatever you do, however, your journey through Banff National Park promises to be a veritable feast for the senses.
Top ten things to do in Banff National Park
- Journey to Sulphur Mountain on the Banff Gondola, an eight-minute ride that will leave you in awe at the breathtaking scenery around you.
- A stunning sight with its unique turquoise waters, which are coloured by the ‘rock flour’ in the sediment, laying your eyes on Lake Louise for the first time is an experience you’ll ever forget.
- Visit ‘The Castle’, an iconic hotel resort built in 1888, shortly after sumptuous hot springs were discovered, leading to the creation of Banff National Park.
- Overlook Banff Avenue and Cascade Mountain beyond from the historic Cascade Gardens and learn more about the park’s history.
- Glimpse the blue-glacier fed Bow Lake, where secluded lodges and quiet spots are ideal to enjoy a peaceful moment of respite.
- Considered the most stunning alpine setting in the Canadian Rockies, Sunshine Meadows straddles the Continental Divide and forms the boundary between Alberta and British Columbia.
- The Hoodoos are freestanding pillars made of silt, gravel and rocks cemented together by dissolved limestone, but have been sculpted over time by wind and water erosion.
- Enjoy a relaxing picnic on the dock of Vermillion Lakes, where stunning vistas of the waters and beyond to Mount Rundle and Sulphur Mountain can be admired.
- As the largest lake in Banff National Park, the 15 miles long Lake Minnewanka offers beauty and intrigue, not least the fact there are the remnants of a small town located beneath the surface as the result of a dam being built in 1941.
- Head to Norquay Look-Out to savour some of the best views in all of Banff National Park, including Spray River Valley, Mount Rundle and Sulphur Mountain.
BANFF NATIONAL PARK - IMAGES
Vist the blog
Check out our Blog to see some of the amazing experiences Banff National Park has to offer
India- The Spice Lands
India, the seventh biggest country in the world has something for everyone. The spice lands of Kerala are a great introduction to the region. After you land in Cochin, the most cosmopolitan city in the region, you will visit the Matancherry Dutch Palace, conf...
Iconic rail travel in Canada
Over one million guests have rediscovered the pleasures of train travel at its best since Rocky Mountaineer began its now world-famous excursion trains through the Canadian Rockies in 1990. The blue, white and gold trains with bi-level cars, viewing domes...
Old and New in Winnipeg
Aboutmygeneration.com Peter Morrell goes on a spectacular rail journey and finds Winnipeg is full of very interesting revelations.Many people have told me about the ‘Hermetic Code’ of the Manitoba Legislative Building in Winnipeg, Canada. The build...
An Agent's View of Dubai
One of the most popular destinations amongst Travelbag customers and travel consultants alike, Dubai is also one of the most exciting and luxurious cities in the world. With frequent routes from all of the UK’s major airports, you also have the ch...
Please Call For Exclusive PricesAs the flight date you have chosen is within the next 4 days, it has limited availability and may only be booked by calling our specialist reservation centre. Please call 0871 402 1644.
Please be aware that availability will constantly change and therefore we recommend that you call us to book this special fare as soon as possible.
Alternatively you may wish to alter your search dates.