With its picturesque, fertile landscapes, a richness of flora and fauna, and an intriguing heritage, the beautiful island of Tasmania is a refreshingly unique take on an Australia holiday.
Located to the south-east of the vast mainland and separated by the azure stretches of the Bass Strait, Tasmania packs many of Australia’s notable features into a fairly small area, such as its white sandy beaches, glorious national parks and captivating culture.
And yet, Tasmania differs in so many ways, from the more temperate climate, to the endearingly relaxed lifestyles, to the history of its infamous penal colonies, making it quite the discerning choice for a Travelbag holiday....
A Travelbag Tasmania tour allows you to get into the heart of this interesting and idyllic island, uncovering the secrets of its renowned past, exploring the historic townships and witnessing some Australia’s most remarkable – yet lesser-known – landscapes.
A Tasmania tour with Travelbag covers the entire island, with memorable visits to Freycinet National Park, where the impossibly azure waters and pearlescent sands of Wineglass Bay can be found, Mount Field National Park, home to the cascading Russell Falls, and Cradle Mountain.
Tasmania’s richness in culture is also to be admired, most notably in Port Arthur, site of Australia’s most renowned penal colony. A visit to the historical site is a harrowing, yet fascinating, glimpse into a jail labelled ‘hell on earth’ by the 12,500 convicts sent there.
No visit to Tasmania would be complete with making acquaintance with the eponymous Tasmania Devil, a creature which has now reached endangered status, while a trip to the quaint state capital of Hobart is also a must with its charming tea rooms, green spaces and museums.
A charming blend of history and beauty, a Tasmania tour is an excellent holiday choice whether you prefer an independent tour, an escorted tour or a small group tour. Travelbag’s itineraries are bursting with fabulous activities to ensure you get the more for less on your Tasmania holiday.
Isn’t it time to say G’day to ‘Tassie’ in 2016?
Head to the beautiful island of Tasmania for a dream Australia holiday, where beach-fringed coastlines, lush greenery and characterful towns will leave you suitably enchanted. A Tasmania tour takes you off the beaten track for an experience that is refreshingly unique to that of mainland Australia.
Travelbag offers a vast range of tours to suit every preference and budget, whether you are seeking the freedom of an independent tour or a self-drive tour, the structure of an escorted tour led by our friendly team of knowledgeable guides, or perhaps an intimate small group tour of no more than 16 participants.
Allow Travelbag to devise an itinerary that will combine stunning scenery, absorbing culture and a host of unique experiences, together with the welcome convenience of arranged accommodation and transport services.
Key Highlights of Tasmania
- Exploring the infamous Port Arthur prison
- Meeting the iconic Tasmanian Devil
- Admiring the spectacular Freycinet National Park
- Discovering the rural heart of lush Tasmania
- Perusing the renowned Salamanca Market
- Cruising the beautiful Gordon River
For more information about Travelbag’s excellent range of Tasmania tours, call 0871 703 4698 Costs 13p/min + network extras to chat with one of our knowledgeable travel experts about creating the perfect Tasmania holiday for you.
TOP TEN THINGS TO DO IN TASMANIA
- Historic Port Arthur - Explore the prison facilities of Port Arthur’s notorious penal colony, described as ‘hell on earth’ by the 12,500 convicts sent there.
- Visit Hobart’s famous Salamanca Market - Peruse the famous wares of Salamanca Market, Hobart’s lively and exciting street market that takes place every Saturday.
- Admire the scenery of Freycinet - Explore Tasmania’s rich greenery in the lush Freycinet National Park, where you can learn more about the flora and fauna during a guided walk on Richardson’s Beach.
- Sail from Port Arthur to Hobart - Arrive in Hobart, Tasmania’s capital city, with a peaceful cruise on the Marana, via the renowned Isle of the Death – the site of mass graves for convicts.
- Meet the Tasmanian Devil - View the increasingly rare and endangered Tasmanian Devil during an eye-opening visit to the East Coast Natureworld.
- View the beautiful Russell Falls - Admire the beautiful effects of Russell Falls in Mt. Field National Park as water cascades from the rocks in an unusual formation
- Stand on the edge of ‘Tassie’ - Gaze across the Bass Strait that separates Tasmania from the Australia mainland from the unusual ‘Nut’, a volcanic plug to the north-west of Tasmania.
- Cruise along the Gordon River - Cruise along the Gordon River, enjoying the views across the landscapes as you float by, before taking a walk through the rainforest en route to a penal colony on Sarah Island.
- Explore rural Tasmania - Venture into the heart of Tasmania with a visit to the small, yet charming historic townships of Ross and Campbell
- Tickle your taste buds - Try something new with a visit to Ashgrove Cheese Factory, where you can tour the premises and sample some of the award-winning produce.
TASMANIA - PLACES TO SEE
TASMANIA - IMAGES
Please Call For Exclusive PricesAs the flight date you have chosen is within the next 4 days, it has limited availability and may only be booked by calling our specialist reservation centre. Please call 0871 402 1644.
Please be aware that availability will constantly change and therefore we recommend that you call us to book this special fare as soon as possible.
Alternatively you may wish to alter your search dates.