SRI LANKA TOURING
If Sri Lanka could be described as a colour, it would be the entire kaleidoscope. From the moment you step off the plane, you’ll be reaching for the sunglasses - and it won’t be just because of the sun.
Whether it is the rich greens of the landscape, the luscious fuchsia of the flourishing flora or the glistening smiles of the locals who are only too pleased to see you, Sri Lanka shimmers under a palette of radiant colour.
It takes just seconds to understand exactly why Sri Lanka is asserting itself as a foremost holiday destination for 2016, its headlines dominated by the award-winning natural beauty of its golden beaches and luxuriant interior, not to mention its 8 fascinating UNESCO World Heritage sites....
Such finery means there really has never been a better time to explore this fledgling nation, which is why a Sri Lanka tour with Travelbag represents an excellent holiday choice.
Ideal for those seeking a spot of relaxation with nothing but the cobalt Indian Ocean for company, an adventure into the protected hilly heartlands and the mystique of an ancient culture, Sri Lanka is blessed with flair, intrigue and an overwhelming ability to steal your heart.
Ringed by the twinkling swathes of the Indian Ocean, it is little wonder that Sri Lanka’s beaches are particularly tempting. Soft sands and an outstanding climate have bestowed Sri Lanka’s coastline with striking splendour and this is no better represented than in Negombo (Colombo), Hikkaduwa (Galle) and Bentota, the country’s foremost beach resorts.
For Sri Lankans, their home nation is as much about heritage as it is tropical beauty and there are numerous sites around the country to sate your cultural curiosities.
In all, Sri Lanka has 8 UNESCO World Heritage sites - a high number for such a small nation -: Anuradhapura, Sigiriya, Polonnoruwa, Kandy, Galle, Dambulla, Sinharaja Forest Reserve and the Central Highlands of Sri Lanka.
Five of these can be found in Sri Lanka’s reputed ‘Cultural Triangle’, making a tour to theseareas an essential addition to any Sri Lanka holiday. The ruined ancient kingdoms of Anuradhapura and Polonnoruwa offer an insight into Sri Lanka’s enigmatic history, an age where innovation and spiritualism have left an absorbing mark for today’s generation, while Sigiriya draws many with its cave paintings and huge rock carvings.
The blooming garden city of Kandy in the centre of the country is considered Sri Lanka’s most colourful pocket, while nearby Dambulla is home to some of the world’s best preserved cave temples.
Sri Lanka is also thriving with wildlife and an excursion to an Elephant Orphanage in Pinnawala or the vast plains of Yala National Park, home to leopards, water buffalo and crocodile, can be a life-changing experience.
With itineraries that take you into the heart and soul of this thriving island nation, join a Sri Lanka tour with Travelbag and it won’t be long before you understand why Sri Lanka is considered the ‘Jewel of South Asia’… and it’s not just because of its shape.
Sri Lanka Highlights
An emerald jewel sparkling in the navy cloak of the Indian Ocean, Sri Lanka is a magical trove of treasures, whether you are admiring its crowning beaches, its grand heritage or its majestic wildlife.
A Sri Lanka tour with Travelbag is the perfect opportunity to get the best from this magnificent country, our itineraries blending the culture of Sri Lanka’s 8 UNESCO World Heritage sites with its temptingly beautiful beaches and the excitement of seeing elephants and leopards closer than you ever dreamed possible.
Whether you prefer the freedom of an independent tour, the benefits of being accompanied by a knowledgeable guide on an escorted tour, or are seeking the intimacy of a small group tour – perhaps on a honeymoon -, Travelbag can offer the convenience of arranging your accommodation and transport for you.
Key Highlights of Sri Lanka
- Exploring Sri Lanka’s UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Relaxing with a cup of the world’s finest tea
- Going on Safari in Udawalawe National Park
- Stretching out on Sri Lanka’s tranquil beaches
- Walking the colourful floral city of Kandy
- Viewing the magnificent elephants of Pinnwala
For more information about Travelbag’s excellent range of Sri Lanka tours, call 0871 703 4698 Costs 13p/min + network extras to chat with one of our knowledgeable travel experts about creating the perfect Sri Lanka holiday for you.
TOP TEN HIGHLIGHTS OF SRI LANKA
- Explore the ancient kingdom of Sigiriya - Visit the ancient 5th century BC Sri Lankan kingdom of Sigiriya to marvel at the ancient frescos and cave art, as well as its innovative network of gardens, waterways and reservoirs.
- Walk with the elephants - With a Travelbag tour, you will come face-to-trunk with Sri Lanka’s most famous resident at the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage, where you can feed, ride and bathe with the magnificent creatures.
- A sweet treat - With its sacred Temple of the Tooth and beautifully colourful gardens, Sri Lanka’s floral heartland of Kandy is a treat on any Sri Lanka tour.
- Hit the beach - Stretch out on the glorious sands of Sri Lanka’s copious beaches, the best of which can be found at Negombo (Colombo), Hikkaduwa (Galle) and Bentota.
- Step back in time - The ancient capital city of Polonnoruwa remains a significant site for Sri Lankans with its preserved archaeological ruins and relics.
- Discover the magic of Anuradhapura - Explore the superbly preserved ancient kingdom of Anuradhapura, considered one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world.
- A spectacular safari - A Travelbag tour allows you to partake in an unforgettable wildlife safari in Yala National Park or Udawalawe National Park, where elephant and leopard sightings are commonplace.
- Breach a fort’s defences - The ancient fort town of Galle on the south-western tip of Sri Lanka still bears the hallmarks of former Dutch colonisation, most notably its labyrinth of ancient streets.
- Time for tea - Sup a fresh cup of Sri Lankan tea in the hill resort of Nuwara Eliya as you overlook the rolling landscape of Sri Lanka’s stunning countryside.
- Cave dwelling in Dambulla - Delve into the caves of Dambulla to explore a remarkably well preserved ancient temple.
SRI LANKA - PLACES TO SEE
SRI LANKA - IMAGES
Vist the blog
Check out our Blog to see some of the amazing experiences Sri Lanka has to offer
India- The Spice Lands
India, the seventh biggest country in the world has something for everyone. The spice lands of Kerala are a great introduction to the region. After you land in Cochin, the most cosmopolitan city in the region, you will visit the Matancherry Dutch Palace, conf...
Iconic rail travel in Canada
Over one million guests have rediscovered the pleasures of train travel at its best since Rocky Mountaineer began its now world-famous excursion trains through the Canadian Rockies in 1990. The blue, white and gold trains with bi-level cars, viewing domes...
Old and New in Winnipeg
Aboutmygeneration.com Peter Morrell goes on a spectacular rail journey and finds Winnipeg is full of very interesting revelations.Many people have told me about the ‘Hermetic Code’ of the Manitoba Legislative Building in Winnipeg, Canada. The build...
An Agent's View of Dubai
One of the most popular destinations amongst Travelbag customers and travel consultants alike, Dubai is also one of the most exciting and luxurious cities in the world. With frequent routes from all of the UK’s major airports, you also have the ch...
Please Call For Exclusive PricesAs the flight date you have chosen is within the next 4 days, it has limited availability and may only be booked by calling our specialist reservation centre. Please call 0871 402 1476.
Please be aware that availability will constantly change and therefore we recommend that you call us to book this special fare as soon as possible.
Alternatively you may wish to alter your search dates.