Based on the chronicles of the life of Queen Elizabeth II, this TV series takes a look at the life of the Queen. The show follows her teen years through to the death of her father, then her subsequent coronation, her relationship with Prince Philip, and all the political rivalries and personal romances that shaped today’s monarchy.
2016 - 2019
England and South Africa
Landmarks and Locations
- Hatfield House, Hertfordshire – Where Marlborough House and Windsor Castle scenes were filmed
- Wrotham Park, Potters Bar – Buckingham Palace scenes were filmed here
- Keurbooms River, South Africa – This was the location for scenes featuring the Amazon
- Kogel Bay, South Africa – Tonga scenes were actually shot in this South African location
- Cape Town, South Africa – South Africa was used for filming scenes based in Melbourne, Australia
Why You Should Visit
Fans of the Netflix drama are heading to the UK to visit the locations used in The Crown. Be ahead of the crowd before the next series is released in 2019 and enjoy a royal tour of England. Or, see the more exotic sets in South Africa.