The Incredible Hulk
The Incredible Hulk is one of the most iconic and best-loved of all Marvel Comics’ characters and is the second film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe franchise. Gamma radiation causes Bruce Banner to mutate into a giant green monster whenever he gets angry, and he’s on a mission to find the cure while hiding from his nemesis, Gen. Directed by Louis Leterrier, the Incredible Hulk movie features a huge array of complex special effects and makes use of some spectacular aerial shots across several fantastic locations.
Gross Box Office
Various locations in Toronto, Canada and Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
Landmarks and Locations
- Rocinha Favela, Rio de Janeiro – Aerial shot of Bruce Banner’s neighbourhood
- Tavares Bastos Favela, Rio de Janeiro – Actual filming location of Bruce Banner’s neighbourhood
- Behring Chocolate factory, Santo Cristo, Rio de Janeiro – Exterior factory yard shots of the juice bottling plant Banner works at
- Taunay Waterfall in Tijuca Forest near Rio – Filming locations for ‘Guatemala’ scenes
- University of Toronto, King’s College Circus, Toronto – Campus used as the fictitious “Culver University”, where Banner’s girlfriend Betty Ross works
Why You Should Visit
Both Rio de Janeiro and Toronto hold amazing attractions to any visitor, especially a movie buff who can’t get enough of this particular Marvel masterpiece. The Rocinha Favela welcomes all visitors and runs guided tours through the neighbourhood, perfect for those interested in the local Rio culture as well as seeing a key part of the Incredible Hulk film set. And, when you’re done, you can round off the adventure by exploring the towering, 30-metre-tall Taunay waterfall, which was used as the filming location for Bruce Banner’s visit to the Guatemalan jungle.