SOUTH AFRICA TOURING
As one of Africa’s largest and most developed nations, South Africa is also one of the world’s most extraordinarily diverse countries, making it a discerning choice for a dream holiday.
With spectacular landscapes, a cosmopolitan population, eleven official languages and even three designated capital cities, South Africa’s natural beauty and charismatic culture is attracting an increasing number of visitors to its shores with every year… and for good reason....
Find out why this beautiful country is winning hearts with its rich cultural and biological diversity on a South Africa tour, where flora, fauna, deserts, beaches and mountains define its status as one of the world’s best-loved holiday destinations.
Visitors seeking the sun and surf should head to the very south of South Africa, with a tour of Cape Town. Occupying a privileged spot on the south-west peninsula, Cape Town is considered to have one of the world’s most picturesque city settings, notably the stunning backdrop of Table Mountain. With its distinctive plateaued pinnacle, Table Mountain presides over Cape Town as a unique spectacle, the city sprawling around at its foot for a scene unlike any other in the world.
Table Mountain provides more than just an incredible backdrop; it’s also popular for those with a penchant for adventure sports, with hiking, rock-climbing and caving all available within the larger National Park. For the less ambitious, the cable car provides a more sedate route to the summit, but maintains the equally magnificent vistas.
Beyond the centre, Cape Town is a popular hub for onward South African explorations, its location close to the Winelands making it a popular choice for wine connoisseurs, while Robben Island, the prison that incarcerated South African icon Nelson Mandela, off the coastline is now a popular tourist draw.
Take to the beautiful ‘Garden Route’ between the Western Cape and the Eastern Cape and prepare to be awe-inspired by the scenery that awaits you. On your travels, you will reach Knysna, home of the famous Knysna Elephant, and Plettenberg Bay, where the white beaches attract large numbers of visitors during the peak season.
However, as impressive as man’s endeavours have been in creating South Africa’s urban sprawl, no visit to the country is complete without experiencing its epic natural glory. Indeed, South Africa is a mostly flat and sparsely populated country, but one that is thriving with more than 20,000 different plants and various species of animals too.
For the authentic ‘back to nature’ experience in South Africa, the world-famous Kruger National Park is an imperative stop on any visit. Straddling borders with Zimbabwe and Mozambique, Kruger National Park covers 7,523sq miles and is reputed for being the natural habitat of the ‘Big 5’ – Lion, Leopard, African Elephant, Black Rhinoceros and Cape Buffalo -, incredible animals that have few natural enemies.
Well-organised safari tours provide a stunning glimpse into the habitat of these magnificent creatures, a breathtaking experience that not even the most brilliantly-shot documentary can ever replicate.
Indeed, few countries can offer such an enticing blend of adventure in Cape Town, scenic beauty of the Garden Route and nature’s glory of Kruger National Park in one unforgettable package.
A South Africa holiday provides the setting, but you create your scene…
South Africa Highlights
Unforgettable safaris in the presence of nature’s greatest and wildest species, breathtaking views from Cape Town’s distinctive Table Mountain, the thrill of standing at the southernmost point of Africa… a South Africa tour will enchant you.
Travelbag offers an outstanding range of tours to South Africa, each boasting comprehensive itineraries and unique experiences to ensure you get the most from your dream holiday, including tours across the Garden Route, safaris in Kruger National park and trips to Cape Town’s ‘Winelands’.
Whether you prefer the freedom of an independent or self-drive tour, want the benefit of an escorted tour led by our team of friendly and passionate guides, or prefer the intimacy of a small group tour with no more than 16 members, Travelbag has the South Africa tour to suit you.
Key Highlights of South Africa
- Scaling the plateaued peak of Table Mountain
- Safari into Kruger National Park
- Traversing the breathtaking Golden Route
- Savouring the fine tastes of the Winelands
- Standing on the edge of Africa at Cape Point
- Sitting back and relaxing on a South Africa beach
For more information about Travelbag’s excellent range of South Africa tours, call 0871 703 4698 Costs 13p/min + network extras to chat with one of our knowledgeable travel experts about creating the perfect South Africa holiday for you.
Top Ten things to do in South Africa
- Discover urban Cape Town - Set in the shadow of the magnificent Table Mountain, a Cape Town tour offers a chance to get into the heart of this trendy city, plus visits to the Cape of Good Hope and the notorious Robben Island.
- Meet South Africa’s ‘Big 5’ - Venture into the stunning Kruger National Park, where an unforgettable safari tour will put you in the presence of the renowned ‘Big 5’ animals and more.
- Traverse the pretty Garden Route - Admire South Africa’s outstanding scenic beauty along the picturesque Garden Route, which stretches along the south coast between the Western Cape and the Eastern Cape.
- Savour a bouquet of beauty - Tickle your taste-buds by sampling South Africa’s famed ‘Winelands’, where some of the world’s finest wines are produced in beautiful surroundings.
- Scale Table Mountain - Ascend to the top of the distinctive Table Mountain via a scenic cable car to enjoy unmatched vistas across Cape Town and the coastal scenery.
- Take to the beach - South Africa’s golden south coast thrives with beautiful beaches, so be sure to pack your flip-flops for tour to Durban, Cape Town or Port Elizabeth.
- Delve into Tsitsikamma Forest - Explore the heart of the Tsitsikamma Forest, where dense greenery is flanked by the sapphire hues of the crashing Indian Ocean.
- Tasty Knysna - Enjoy the spectacular surrounding scenery of lush landscapes and beautiful bays of Knysna and be sure to sample some of the world’s very best oysters.
- Relax in pretty ‘PE’ - The picturesque south coast city of Port Elizabeth in the Eastern Cape is the perfect place to soak up the sun, stroll along the beach and enjoying a relaxing break.
- Gaze towards Antarctica - Feel as though you are on the edge of the world with a trip to Cape Point to stand at one of the southernmost points of Africa and look longingly across the Southern Ocean.
SOUTH AFRICA - PLACES TO SEE
SOUTH AFRICA - IMAGES
Please Call For Exclusive PricesAs the flight date you have chosen is within the next 4 days, it has limited availability and may only be booked by calling our specialist reservation centre. Please call 0871 402 1644.
Please be aware that availability will constantly change and therefore we recommend that you call us to book this special fare as soon as possible.
Alternatively you may wish to alter your search dates.